By Heather O.
I know that all of you mommies out there have strong opinions about education, and ladies, I want to hear them all. I have a preschool dilemma, and need some thoughts. We enrolled my 3 three year old in a Baptist preschool this year, and it has turned out to be a wonderful thing. Top on the list of good things is that I get to have 8 hour to myself every week, and believe me, I live for those precious child free hours! But I think it has been a good thing for the boy, too. He now talks about his friends, the activities he does at school, and the things that happen there. Granted, he’s not learning rocket science, but I do think there’s a lot to be said for the fact that he is learning how to follow directions, how to sit still and pay attention, and how to interact with other kids. So, all in all, we’ve have been thrilled.
Ok, here’s the dilemma. They have raised the price for next year by 40%. That’s a huge jump, right? And really, our finances are slightly stretched as it is, so we’ve decided that we definitely can not afford to continue this particular preschool next year. So I guess that leaves us with the following options:
1) Find another, cheaper, preschool. I have no idea how plausible this is, having not done the necessary comparison shopping.
2) Start some kind of “joy school” with other families in the ward. I have never done this, and wouldn’t know where to start. Thoughts or suggestions on this one?
3) Do some kind of home school, academic based preschool stuff with him on my own. Again, no idea where to start. Home schooling advocates, please advise!
4) Keep him home and let him drive me crazy all the time until he’s five and I pack him off to all day kindergarten. Or military school. Depends on how much he poops on the carpet between now and then (sorry, you just can’t keep poop out of a post on mommyhood!)
5) Start my own preschool here. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! INSANITY HAS ARRIVED!
Like I said, lots of you moms seem to have serious opinions on this, and I want to know them all. Every single one. Don’t leave anything out. You can even include more poop stories if you want. We’re all mothers here!
WordPress database error: [Can't open file: 'wp_comments.MYI' (errno: 144)]
SELECT * FROM wp_comments WHERE comment_post_ID = '13' AND comment_approved = '1' ORDER BY comment_date