By Heather O.
Today is the first day in about a week where we have seen the sun, so we were out doing yard work, trying to tame nature. My daughter toddled about my feet, and then wandered over to our trees. My husband and I stopped and admired her, a tiny, shining figure amongst the green foliage. She was happily engaged with one of the trees, and we (DH and I) literally both sighed with the beauty. I continued to prune my boxwoods, then went over to pick Little Sister up. Only then did I realize that while her father and I cooed from afar, she was businly engaged with a HOLLY TREE and had been stuffing HOLLY BERRIES into her mouth. I did the fingersweep thing, which made her cry, and then pulled all the berries out of her hand, which made her cry more, and then called Poison Control.
“Are you sure they were holly berries?” the nice lady asked.
“Yes. I’m sure.” Because it was from my OWN FREAKIN’ YARD.
“Well, she should have an upset tummy, possibly some vomiting or diahrrea. If she vomits, call us back, and we can advise you from there.”
Some days, I just don’t cut it as a mom.
So please share. What stupid things have you done that, you know, ENDANGER YOUR CHILD’S LIFE?
On a side note, I have now finished my CERT class, and have since taught both my next door neighbors how to shut off their gas and electricity if need be. So yeah, my kid may be choking down poisonous berries, but boy howdy do I know my utility shut-offs…
WordPress database error: [Can't open file: 'wp_comments.MYI' (errno: 144)]
SELECT * FROM wp_comments WHERE comment_post_ID = '1516' AND comment_approved = '1' ORDER BY comment_date