By Heather O.
1) I’m not a germ freak, but I get seriously yicked out at the ATM. Pushing all those buttons that all those other people have pushed makes me scramble for the Purell every time. For some reason, I don’t feel the same way about hotel remotes, which are certainly crawling with more tiny beasties than an ATM. But, whatever.
2)Along the same germ freak lines, I also hate touching public restroom doorknobs. I once heard that 70% of people don’t properly wash their hands in a public restroom. Again, I say yick.
3) I am doublejointed in my left thumb. I know, everybody says that, but in my case, it’s really true. Promise.
4)I once danced as a Hot Box dancer in a production of Guys and Dolls. I was the tallest one in the cast. And the gangliest.
5) Along those theatrical lines, I also got a theater scholarship to a small liberal arts college before I decided to pay full price to go to BU. Yes, that’s right, I was this close to being an actress once. I know, y’all are shocked that I lean a little on the dramatic side.
6) I have seen every organ of my body on ultrasound (except my lungs-can they ultrasound lungs?). My spleen is especially nice.
7) I have never been to Mexico. But I’ve been to Italy, twice, and once paid the equivalent of 15 American dollars for a gelato. Darn language barrier.
8)I hate beets.
9)When I was in Kindergarten, my teacher had a pet tarantula that he would pull out every week and let us pet it. I could never bring myself to do it, even though the rest of the kids did it. I’m a pretty pro-bug kinda gal (except for ants. I hate ants, but you knew that already. You did, right?), but I just couldn’t do it. Years later, at the Smithsonian’s Bug Zoo, they had a similar demonstration, and although I encouraged my son to pet the arachnid, I felt all the feelings of Kindergarten rushing towards me, and I froze. Again. What a wuss.
So, anybody else out there like me? Please share what things I might not know about you, so we can all bond.