By The Wiz
I am diabetic. Have I mentioned that lately? What? Only obsessively? OK then.
Anyway, tomorrow I am headed up to Utah again to get experimental drugs. I will be gone for 2 weeks. I have been accepted into a study that gives an immuno-suppressant drug to newly diagnosed diabetics, with the end result (hopefully) being that my immune system stops attacking my pancreas, thus enabling me to continue making the little bit of insulin that I am producing. This, in turn, would lead to much better blood sugar control, not to mention a much longer “honeymoon” period.
(I would do it here, but nobody in Arizona is conducting this study right now, and it’s critical that I get it done now, within 3 months of diagnosis, otherwise I wouldn’t be eligible.)
In some test cases, they have even seen some islet cell regeneration. Did you hear me? ISLET CELL REGENERATION. If you’re not diabetic, that means nothing to you. But let me tell you, it’s huge.
So, I am asking you to pray. For Me. I feel selfish doing it, but screw pride, I need the prayers. Specifically, for the following:
1. That my family (and I) will be OK without each other for 2 weeks. It is a long time. I will miss them terribly. Extended family is coming down to help out, which is such a huge blessing, I can’t even begin to express my gratitude. But still, 2 weeks without mommy is hard. Of course, they’ll be fine. Right? Yes? Mommy might just be a wreck.
2. That I get the drug and not the placebo. I fail to see the up-side of putting everyone through this only to get infused with nothing for 2 weeks. Of course, this is a double-blind study, so nobody will know, unless there’s an emergency.
3. That I can handle all side effects positively.
4. That my body will use the drug well, for its intended purpose.
5. And, of course, most importantly, that God’s will be done. If it’s his will that I get the placebo, then so be it. If it’s his will that the drug helps me live a healthier life, then so be it. If it’s his will that I get the drug but it doesn’t do much, then so be it. If it’s his will that chickens start talking to me…well, you get the picture.
I appreciate it. Thanks ever so.
WordPress database error: [Can't open file: 'wp_comments.MYI' (errno: 144)]
SELECT * FROM wp_comments WHERE comment_post_ID = '1768' AND comment_approved = '1' ORDER BY comment_date