By Melissa Mc
As I proportioned perfectly sized cookies with my medium sized ice cream scoop for FHE treats last night, I wondered how I could possibly bake cookies without it. I also wondered about the other kitchen tools I can’t live without — here is my list:
- Medium size (2 inch) ice cream scoop for perfect sized cookies (the one on the right).
- Multi-colored Vintage Pyrex nesting bowls (I have my Mom’s original set, but have been collecting vintage Pyrex for years).
- Wüsthof Classic Chef’s Knife
- Calphalon non stick 12 inch skillet
- Lemon reamer – I make a fresh lemon tonic every morning for breakfast
- Glass decanter for dish soap (with oil spout attached) from The Container Store
- Dish soap wand with replaceable head for scrubbing dishes, pots and pans
- Parmesan shaker for baking soda – I use baking soda for everything.
- Microplane – shred parmesan cheese, lemon zest, chocolate!
- Flat edge wood spoon (for sautéing or making roux).
- Parchment paper — for cookies that slide off the cookie sheet.
- Pancake molds — for Saturday pancakes!
- Well seasoned pancake griddle
- Pepper mill/kosher salt
Tools I thought I couldn’t live without – but, regretfully, I do:
- My beautiful, yellow, Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer – it is very heavy to move to the counter!
- Food processor – it’s too dang hard to clean!
- Garlic press – the flat side of the chef’s knife squashes a clove perfectly.
- Waffle Iron — who needs a waffle iron when you have pancake molds!
- Mezzaluna — this was a gift — it’s never been out of the box.
Do you have a list?
WordPress database error: [Can't open file: 'wp_comments.MYI' (errno: 144)]
SELECT * FROM wp_comments WHERE comment_post_ID = '1817' AND comment_approved = '1' ORDER BY comment_date