By The Wiz
I married a total food snob. He has introduced me to some awesome foods, and some awesome ways to cook it (or, in all actuality, to watch him cook it). Dh and I were watching Food Network last night, and a ‘wasabi-ginger mayo’ was talked about briefly. I cringed. Dh said ‘ooohhhh’. See, I hate wasabi. He does not. So I’ve decided to list foods that I hate, just because I can.
Foods I Hate:
1. Curry. You might as well burn your house down after you make curry, because, really, that’s the only way you’re going to get the smell out. And what a smell. Nasy, nasty stuff.
2. Scallops. This one is a texture thing for me. They’re just so rubbery.
3. Dijon mustard. Normally I like fancy(ish) foods, but when it comes to mustard, give me the cheap stuff, thank you very much.
4. Calamari. Eewww….
5. Kalamata Olives/Green olives. Yuck-o-rama.
6. Cilantro. This stuff is straight from Satan. If it is anywhere on my plate, I have to send it back. It just has the capacity to kill all flavor that was ever there in the first place. To me, it’s like someone says to me “Look! I made you a lovely dish. Now let me just grate this bar of soap over it to make it perfect.” Cilantro is secretly soap masquerading as food. I would rather shower with it than eat it. (although that doesn’t sound too great, either) Cilantro is evil, and has no place in any world I will ever create.
Foods I’ve Never Tried, But I’m Pretty Sure I Would Hate:
3.Turkey Ice Cream, Trout Ice Cream, or pretty much any ice cream with a protein base.
Thank you very much.